Welcome to the UBM East 2017 Speaker Center, designed to help speakers plan their engagements and promote their sessions. We are thrilled you will be presenting at our event!
UBM East 2017
June 13-15, 2017
Jacob K. Javits Convention Center
655 West 34th Street, New York, NY 10001
Speaker Registration & Benefits
As a conference speaker, you receive a complimentary All Access Pass to the expo and conference – we take care of getting you registered so you don't have to. Upon arrival, you can retrieve your Speaker Badge at the Speaker Ready Room located in Room 1E06. Other benefits of speaking include:
- You receive one complimentary guest pass plus an additional 20% discount for clients and colleagues (unlimited use) by using the code SPEAKER2017 in the registration portal; you can begin circulating this discount through your network straightaway. Please contact your conference producer or operations lead to request a guest pass – you'll simply need to provide the guest's name, job title, company, phone number, and email address.
- You receive access to all onsite receptions, awards ceremonies, exhibitions, entertainment, keynotes, co-located conferences, conference lunches, and sponsored trainings.
- Your participation on faculty provides you and your company with professional exposure and is an opportunity to raise your profile within the advanced manufacturing and engineering community in the following ways:
- Your name, title, company, and biography will be featured on the UBM East 2017 event website
- A chance to have your session promoted on all UBM East 2017 and affiliate Social Networks
- Speak about your latest innovations, expertise, and company's leadership before some of the most influential engineers and press in the field
- Your contribution will make a positive impact on the engineering community by sharing your knowledge and expertise.
Important Deliverables & Deadlines
Please carefully review the following deliverables and deadlines required of all speakers. If you've already provided us with some or all of these items, please feel free to skip over this section.
Mobile Phone Number & Twitter Handle Due
Last Day to Submit Presentation Edits or Changes
MD&M East Conference, Smart Manufacturing Innovation Summit, 3D Printing Summit
Center Stage & Tech Theater Lead
To Be Announced
Presentation Requirements & Submission Instructions
ALL slide submissions MUST follow the requirements below. Speakers who fail to provide the materials correctly might not be considered for future speaking opportunities. Do not create slides for panel discussion participation unless instructed otherwise by your panel organizer.
- Presentations must be submitted in a PDF format (contact your operations lead if this is an issue for you)
- Download the Speaker Presentation Template and please use this as the PowerPoint template for your content
- Name the presentation file: FirstFiveWordsofSessionTitle_YourLastName.pdf
Upload Your Presentation
You will upload your presentation here. Please review the submission instructions before you begin.
- Name your PDF file: FirstFiveWordsofSessionTitle_YourLastName.pdf
- In the description, please add the title of your session and your email address.
- Submit the final presentation in PDF format only.
** If you need to make revisions after you have submitted, please do not upload via the Box widget. Email revised PDF to Jenny.McCall@ubm.com to avoid delays in the process and ensure the correct version is provided to attendees.
Standard conference session rooms will include the following:
- 1 Podium Microphone
- 1 Wired Lavalier Microphone
- 2 Tabletop Microphones
- 1 LCD Projector With VGA Cable Connector
- Large Projector Screen (16:9)
- PC Laptop
Note that when conducting your presentation or participating on a panel, press may be present, including members of the Associated Press. Please be advised not to include confidential information in your discussion unless preceded by an "off the record" disclaimer.
Marketing & Pre-Show Promotion
By agreeing to speak, you have become a vital part of the conference and thus an important element of pre-event promotion. Here's how your involvement in pre-event promotion works:
- Social Media: If you're on social media, we hope that you'll socialize your participation and engage with your network about your speaking engagement at our event.
- Editorial Media: If you're willing and available, we hope that you'll give a pre-event interview by agreeing to speak with one of our staff editors about your scope of expertise and conference session. The world wants to hear about you and how you're influencing your industry. Don't miss the opportunity to get extra exposure by having a professional editorial piece written about you, as this content will be made public on our media sites and potentially included in our press releases.
- Note that our marketing and editorial teams will be promoting your participation through various media channels throughout the pre-event campaign. Please be prepared to have your name and professional photo used on our marketing platforms, including website, media blogs, and social media.
Social Media Tool Kit
Please refer the social media tools below to help you engage with your network.
- Event Hashtags: #AdvMfgExpo
- Turnkey Twitter posts:
- Example 1: Excited to be speaking at the #AdvMfgExpo on Center Stage on June 13th! See you there...
- Example 2: #AdvMfgExpo is going to be the best yet! I'll be speaking at MD&M East on June 14th on Emerging Technology. See you at the conference.
Conference Room Location
Upon arrival, proceed through the front entrance of the convention center and take the escalator to the second floor; turn left at the top of the escalator and locate your track room:
- MD&M East, Track A: Room 1E18
- MD&M East, Track B: Room 1E19
- 3D Printing: Room 1E20
- Smart Manufacturing: Room 1E21
Speaker Ready Room Location
To check-in and pick-up your badge, go to Room 1E06. The Speaker Ready Room is for speaking faculty and event operations to discuss logistics, conduct meetings, prepare for presentations, and/or meet fellow panelists. If you need to provide us with an updated copy of your presentation, you'll be able to find a staff member to help you here. The Speaker Ready Room is open from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM all three days of the event.
Center Stage Location
The pavilion is located in Hall 3B at Booth 1676. Through the main entrance proceed straight into the expo hall and make your way up the stairs in Crystal Palace to Hall 3 and locate the 1600 aisle until you arrive at Booth 1676. Once there, check-in with the Theaters Lead that you've been in touch with.
As a member of faculty, you'll be provided with complimentary lunch all three days of the event. Lunch will be held in Room 1E07.
As a member of faculty, you receive access to all event keynotes. These presentations will be held from 12:00 – 12:45 PM on specified days in Room 1E12-17. Check the Schedule Viewer or mobile app for more details.
To download the mobile app, search for UBM East 2017 in your app store on your phone. The mobile app provides access to the full conference schedule, onsite activities, Tech Theater, Center Stage, and the full list of exhibitors across all co-located shows.
Hotel & Accommodations
To help you make hotel reservations, UBM East 2017 has partnered with onPeak to offer a wide variety of hotels at the lowest rates available. Click here for more details.
There is currently no onsite parking available at the Javits Convention Center. However, there are several parking facilities within easy walking distance to the Javits. For a list and contact information to surrounding parking structures please click here. Rates, days, and hours may vary.
The 7 Line Subway has now been extended to 34th Street and 11th Avenue, just steps from the Javits Center. The 7 Line intersects with 18 out of 24 lines, more than any other link in the system, providing the most convenient access to the show.
The Subway will get you to the Convention Center much quicker than any other mode of transport, and is more eco-friendly than additional event shuttle buses. Therefore, there will be no shuttle service available between the Javits Center and hotels.
You can purchase a MetroCard at any subway station to use on the subway (and bus). Riders can choose pay-per-ride or an unlimited-ride MetroCard. A single subway or bus ride is $2.75. The unlimited MetroCard enables users to ride as often as they like within a fixed time period: seven days or 30 days.
Please keep in mind that the public transportation fare is $2.50. The subways accept MetroCards. Buses accept MetroCards and exact change fares. With MetroCards you can transfer from subway to bus and bus to subway for one fare. MetroCards are available at local stores.
M34: Runs east/west on 34th Street. Stops on 11th Avenue outside the Javits Center and at Penn Station.
M42: Runs east/west on 42nd street. The closest stop to the Javits Center is 42nd Street and 11th Avenue.
New Jersey Transit and other buses arrive at the Port Authority terminal at 42nd Street between 8th and 9th Avenues. The M42 bus will bring you from there to the Javits Center.
The NY Waterway operates a ferry from Weehawken, NJ. In just 8 minutes the ferry takes you across the Hudson River to 39th Street and 12th Avenue, just one block from the Javits Center. Just park at the convenient lot adjacent to the ferry terminal in Weehawken and take a ferry which leaves every 10 - 15 minutes during peak hours. Call 1-800-53-FERRY for schedule and information or visit www.nywaterway.com.
Super Shuttle New York
Transportation to and from JFK, LGA and EWR for the Javits Center & Manhattan Hotels.
Instructions for obtaining post-conference proceedings to be announced.
- Make sure to bring a copy of your presentation with you on-site.
- If you have any additional A/V request(s), contact Jenny.McCall@ubm.com.
- Avoid sales pitches and commercial presentations. Experience shows that you will represent your company best by giving an educational, informative presentation.
- No sales/promotional handouts are to be distributed in the conference areas (including meeting rooms). Sales literature distribution is limited to exhibitor booths only. For more information or to learn about UBM East 2017 sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities, please contact ClientServices@ubm.com.